sábado, 3 de julio de 2021

Sabbath Inspiration: The Day Everything Changed by Don Nori, Sr.

The question we need to ask ourselves...
Sabbath Inspirations

The Day Everything Changed by Don Nori, Sr.

The journey to discover the fullness of God never ends!

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" (Romans 8:15)

Shabbat Shalom, Wanda!

It was my joy and privilege to have dinner and a conversation with Don Nori, Sr. and his wife Cathy a few months before Don graduated to Heaven in 2018.

Don and Cathy were the founders of Destiny Image Publishers. In the nearly 40 years since starting the company in their living room, Destiny Image grew into an international powerhouse of Christian publishing.

But what impressed me the most about Don is not his business success nor his influence in spiritual circles. It was his deep humility and single-eyed focus on one thing–being a SON of God.

His litmus test for all things, publishing and otherwise was always, "Is this message, this situation, or this interaction touching me in such a way that I am being transformed into the likeness of Jesus?"

At one point he shared:

"The day I realized that my difficult times were not an end of my relationship with God but a very true God was using them to bring me deeper into Him, everything changed...

At the end of the day, my goal was not to hold myself to a decree of religion or to a doctrine or to a denominational base.

Photo by Ali Kazal

I only have one Person I want to cling to and that is Him so that He can live His life through me and the world, when looking at me, can see through me and see the God whom I serve and the King who reigns within me.

This is the sonship that I am speaking about. This is what I am after. This is what I live for.

This is what I breathe for every day of my life–that the son of God can shine through me and that I can find my fullest satisfaction in this one statement and this one statement only—I AM a son. I am a maturing son."

WOW! The anointing on Don's life and the wisdom of this spiritual elder and kingdom statesman were profound.

This past week I was led to listen twice to the Lesson 1 video of the online class we created together called "I AM a Son".

Here are some other highlights from Don's message:

  • Most people read, listen, seek information that will reinforce what they already know or believe. If that's the case, you are listening to an echo, not a voice. A voice will challenge you, touch you, and transform you.
  • My search isn't for more knowledge. My search is for HIM. I don't want new revelation for the sake of revelation. I want new understanding that will bring me into greater relationship with Jesus.
  • Most of us stop growing when we enter ministry, or when we think we've "arrived." But the journey to discover the fullness of God and what it means to be a son never ends! There will be new experiences, new encounters, new understandings of what it means to belong to Him–and it's a grand adventure.
  • My prayer is that when I take my last breath, it will be, "Lord, I surrender. I still surrender. I still want to transform." Are you positioned to be transformed?
  • Difficult times are not a sign of a bad relationship with God. They are times God will use to draw us into deeper relationship with Him.
  • The most important title you can ever hold is "Son."
  • From a spiritual perspective, we are all sons, regardless of our gender, just as we are all the Bride of Christ. We are sons because sons inherit the promises. A son "does whatever the Father tells him to do." The question we need to ask ourselves is, "Am I a maturing son or a prodigal son?"
  • There is a Gift greater than all the gifts. It is Christ Himself. You can choose to minister out of a gift, or minister out of The Gift–Christ.
  • Religion is the invention of man to imitate spiritual life. But it is external. Sonship means instead of trying to act like Jesus, I am letting Jesus live His life through me.
  • The surrender of the human heart makes a human genuine–authentic from the inside out. Circumstances will spotlight the issues in our hearts–whether good or bad–so we can respond, "Jesus, teach me that I might become truly everything that You want me to be. The kingdom is expanded every time you surrender to Him.

I have listened to this message several times. Each time, I am challenged to shift my thinking and embrace God's process of transformation into a SON.

I believe his message will stir your heart, challenge your mind, and draw your spirit deeper into seeking the heart of the Father.

If you want to take the next steps to mature sonship, click here to watch this incredible testimony of a man fully surrendered to the Lord. It is truly a life-changing message.

This replay will be available for 7 days.

Photo by D Valdemares

PRAYER POWER

Abba (Father), thank you for being a good, good Father. Your love and mercy are never-ending. All your ways are righteous. All your thoughts are for our good.

I pray that you open the eyes of my heart to see just how great, how deep, and how wide is Your love for me. I pray that you would bring revelation on ways I have been a prodigal rather than a mature son. I pray that you would root out every place where I have exchanged authentic transformation for religion and outward works.

Search my heart, Lord, and know me. Show me every way that needs to be transformed into the likeness of your Son, Jesus. Make me one who says to my very last breath, "Here I am Lord. I surrender my life to You. Conform me to Christ as a true son." Amen.

If you have any questions, please email support@empower2000.com.

Blessings to walk in authenticity and grace as God's sons!

Joseph

Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Empowering Dreams
Author, I Was Busy Now I'm Not

Don Nor, Sr on webinar

If you would like to change your contact information or update the emails you receive, please visit our Email Preferences Center.

You may also Unsubscribe completely, but please be advised—this means we won't be able to deliver your emails, even for things you have purchased. If you have any questions, please send us a reply and we'll be happy to help.

Empower 2000, Inc
10313 Walker Rd
Culpeper, Virginia 22701
United States
(540) 445-1463

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario