sábado, 12 de junio de 2021

Sabbath Inspiration: Rest is a Weapon

Rest is not a last resort. It is your superpower...
Webinars777

Rest is a Weapon

Don't put rest on hold until you have no other options!

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. (Hebrews 4:9-10)

Dear Wanda,

Shabbat Shalom! It is my joy to share with you another powerful session from Empower 2000's Pentecost Awakening 2021 gathering, "Rest is a Weapon."

When the enemy is in full assault, it is natural to want to launch into prayer, fasting, and spiritual activity. These are all important weapons of our warfare, and key to victory. But there's one simple strategy most of us completely miss: REST!

In this presentation with panelists Lois Koss, Anne and Hannie Baker, Mary Shoda, and me (Dr. Joseph Peck), you will hear amazing testimonies and insights the Lord has given us as we have faced different challenges.

I was moved to tears as I heard the tender love of the Father as He intervened, strengthened, and turned the tide of the battle when each of these precious saints turned their hearts to rest in Him.

When you're in the thick of battle, REST may be the furthest thing from your mind. But you MUST! Rest is not a last resort. It is your superpower that opens the door to access God's limitless grace.

Photo by Sincerely Media

Here are a few highlights from the session:

  • Psalm 91:1-2, Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust him.
  • Sometimes rest is an activity. Sometimes IN THE REST, God instructs us on what to do.
  • REST is TRUST. Lay back in His arms and know God has the situation in control.
  • There are parallels between the activities surrounding the Jewish observance of Shabbat and God's call for us to rest:
    1. Prepare to welcome Shabbat–like Jewish families who clean and finish their shopping and cooking before the beginning of Shabbat, we need to be intentional in setting aside time to open the doors of our heart for the Lord.
    2. Lighting the Shabbat candles–in resting we invite the Lord to shine His light and direct our paths.
    3. Bread and Wine at the Shabbat Table–Communion is entering into the rest of Jesus' finished work.
    4. The Shabbat Blessing–There is blessing that comes when we honor God by honoring and blessing those around us.
    5. Spending time with loved ones–to rest in God's presence we need each other.
    6. Shabbat meal–Feast on His goodness. Rest restores and nurtures.
    7. Shabbat Family Games–Fun gives a new perspective on life.
  • Don't put rest on hold until there is no other option!
  • Rest may seem counter-intuitive when you are focused on mission, but it is IN REST that God gives you the strength, direction, open doors to fulfill your commission.
  • When you obey God's direction to rest, He releases amazing blessing.
  • In a season of rest, God said, "I am giving you a new garment of strength for a new season."
  • BATTLE for rest.
  • If the devil can't stop you, he will wear you out or distract you.
  • There are good assignments and there are GOD ASSIGNMENTS.
  • Stop and ask the Lord, "Are these assignments from You, or are these activities keeping me busy and distracted from my mission?"
  • Don't lose your first love! Ephesus was doing good things, but they had lost the main thing.
  • Intimacy and rest are your strength.
  • You can rest even when it seems the world is going to hell–because Jesus already finished everything at the cross.
  • Rest and reflect in the morning at first waking.
  • Don't rush to write anything down, but allow your heart to commune with the Lord.
  • Slow down, be quiet, and listen.
  • Be still and know I am God.

There is such an anointing on this session! I hope you will take time to soak in the oil of God's presence that flowed through these wonderful testimonies. Watch the whole session by clicking here. You will be so glad you did!

The replay will be available for 3 days.

Photo by Erda Estremera

PRAYER POWER

Abba (Father), I choose today to lay down my works, my striving, my fears, my agenda and just REST in You. I repent for all the times I relied on my own strength and did not pause to enter into Your rest and counsel. I declare that my hope is in You alone. I can do nothing apart from You.

Like a weaned child, I quiet my soul today, shutting out all the noise and distractions, so I can hear Your voice, receive Your direction, and draw upon Your strength. Thank You for finishing the work of salvation, healing, deliverance, and restoration at Calvary. Teach me to abide in the shelter of your wings so that even in the fiercest battle, I am at perfect peace in Your shadow. Thank you for Your promised rest.

If you have any questions, please email support@empower2000.com.

Blessings for the victory that comes in REST!

Joseph

Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Empowering Dreams
Author, I Was Busy Now I'm Not

If you would like to change your contact information or update the emails you receive, please visit our Email Preferences Center.

You may also Unsubscribe completely, but please be advised—this means we won't be able to deliver your emails, even for things you have purchased. If you have any questions, please send us a reply and we'll be happy to help.

Empower 2000, Inc
10313 Walker Rd
Culpeper, Virginia 22701
United States
(540) 445-1463

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario